Customers using the Brightspace / Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system can embed content from Infobase Database Platform products directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Infobase Database Platform Desire2Learn Insert Stuff Plugin Installation article.
The remote plugin provides a rich integration between Infobase Database
Platform products and your D2L courses. Users of D2L will now be able to embed Infobase resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This new plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard D2L ISF button found wherever the HTML editor is within D2L.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Infobase Database Platform products or D2L.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Infobase Database records directly into D2L courses, without leaving D2L.
- Usage statistics are recorded within Infobase Database Platform products.
Using the Infobase Database Platform Insert Stuff Framework Plugin
Once installed, Infobase Database Platform resources may be embedded using the standard ISF button found inside D2L. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this insert stuff button.
Click on the Insert Stuff button to launch the Insert Stuff window.
The Insert Stuff window will launch.
- Click on an Infobase Database icon in the left-hand side menu and an Infobase Database search box will load in the main window.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
A search results window will appear.
The search results window offers several functions.
- Record Type Tabs - Click on these tabs to choose the type of record you would like to view.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert a record into your course. You can choose to embed a Record URL or an embed window of various sizes.
Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button. You can choose to embed a record URL or various sized record windows.
After choosing one of these, you will be taken to a preview page.
- Click the Insert button to embed this resource into D2L.
Once you have finished editing your content block in D2L, click on the Update button to save your changes with the embedded record included. Your content is now embedded and can be viewed directly in D2L.