Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Infobase Database Platform products directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Infobase Database Platform Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between our Infobase Database Platform products and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed our resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Infobase Database Platform products.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Infobase Database Platform product records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the History Databases Canvas Plugin
After you have installed your chosen Infobase Database Platform product app or apps, Infobase resources can be embedded using the Infobase Database icon button(s) found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will display the icon(s).
- Click on an Infobase Database icon button in the editor menu to launch a the application.
After you click on this button, the embed content window will appear with the database's search box.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Record Type Tabs - Click on these tabs to choose the type of record you would like to view.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert a record into your course. You can choose to embed a Record URL or an embed window of various sizes.
Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
If you choose to embed a Record URL, a window will appear.
Click Copy and then manually paste it into your course text.
If you choose to embed a record window, choose Embed Small, Embed Medium or Embed Large.
After choosing one of these, you will be returned to the editor and your content will appear.
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to publish this resource.