Customers using the Schoology, a PowerSchool Unified Classroom learning management system, can directly embed into their courses content from the Infobase Database Platform products: African American History, American History, American Indian History, Ancient and Medieval History, Modern World History, History Research Center, Bloom's Literature, Health Reference Center, World Religions Online, and Science Online.
For more information, please refer to the Infobase Database Platform Schoology LTI App Overview article.
The app provides rich integration between Infobase Database Platform products and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology will now be able to embed resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS.
In the Schoology App Center, you will see apps for each Infobase Database Platform database and the History Research Center cross search. The individual apps search only the records within the indicated database. The History Research Center app searches all of the History and Religion databases to which you subscribe. Each app must be installed individually.
Prerequisites for Installing the App
- You must have your own instance of Schoology.
- You must have an active database subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret which can be obtained from our database support team.
Installing the Schoology App
- Login to your Schoology instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Visit the App Center once logged in, or access it directly using this link: https://app.schoology.com/apps
- Locate the database app and click on it to view the details.
- Click on the blue Install LTI App button to begin the installation process
- Next, you will be asked if this should be installed for your entire organization, or just you. If you would like all of your teachers to have access to the app, select Add to Organization.
- If you selected Add to Organization, you will redirected to your Organization Apps section to complete the configuration.
- Before anyone can take advantage of the app, you must configure it by inserting your provided Key and Secret.
- Enter both values in appropriate fields shown below and click the Save Settings button. No custom parameters are used.
- After you have configured the App, you will need to install it.
A Note from Schoology:
Configuring the App is not the same as installing it. School Admins have the option to configure the App only, giving their instructors the option to install it individually. To do this, do not check any boxes designating which course or school you want the app installed in after you've clicked the Install App button located in Schoology's App Center.
After you have successfully installed and configured the app, you will be able to access it and perform a search. Please consult the Infobase Database Platform Schoology App Overview article for more information.
If instead you receive an error message stating that your request cannot be validated, please contact our support department.