Customers using the Schoology, a PowerSchool Unified Classroom learning management system, can directly embed into their courses content from the Infobase Database Platform products: African American History, American History, American Indian History, Ancient and Medieval History, Modern World History, History Research Center, Bloom's Literature, Health Reference Center, World Religions Online, and Science Online.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between these databases and your Schoology courses without users having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Schoology HTML editor and the Add Materials menu within a course.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Infobase databases.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Infobase database records directly into Schoology, without leaving the LMS.
For app installation instructions, please refer to the Infobase Database Platform Schoology LTI App Installation article.
Using the Schoology App
These apps are available for all of our Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Below are examples of two ways to embed database records into your courses.
Course Materials Selection
From within a course, you have the option of finding and embedding records directly into the course materials section using the Add Materials drop-down.
- Click on the Add Materials button below the course name.
- Click on the database App shown on the right-hand side of the drop-down menu.
An Add Materials pop up window will display from your chosen database.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
The search results window offers several functions.
- Record Type Tabs - Click on these tabs to choose the type of record you would like to view.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert a record into your course. You can choose to embed a Record URL or an embed window of various sizes.
Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
If you choose to embed a Record URL, a window will appear.
Click Copy and then manually paste it into your course text.
If you choose to embed a record window, choose Embed Small, Embed Medium or Embed Large.
After choosing one of these, you will be returned to your course materials list. Your selected embedded record will display on the page.
- Click on the thumbnail image to view the embedded record directly on this page.
- Clicking on the record title will open it on a new page.
Rich Text Editor
The Schoology HTML editor contains an Insert Content option shown below. This icon is available inside the HTML editor used in some of the Add Materials options, such as adding an Assignment, Test/Quiz, Discussion, or Page to your course.
- Click on the desired option such as Add Page.
- Click on the Insert Content editor option.
- Click on your chosen database's icon located on the right-hand side of the Insert Content menu.
- The Import from Resources pop up window will appear, which is identical to the Add Materials window shown above.
- Follow the same steps outlined above to located and embed your desired content.
The content will appear as a yellow box within the editor until you click the Create button.
Your new course material will now appear under the main materials list. Clicking on the title will load the resource and any embedded records directly on the page.